Seattle to Portland
STP Bike Ride
This 200+ mile bicycle ride, officially the Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland, organized by Cascade Bicycle Club in Seattle, is the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest, with up to 8,000 participants riding from Seattle to Portland in one or two days. The 2020 STP will take place on Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19.
STP Finish Line and Volunteering
Portland Bicycling Club coordinates the finish line at the Portland end at Holladay Park near Lloyd Center. We organize up to 160 volunteers to support the finish line. If you are interested in volunteering, you may sign up through SignUpGenius (a link to signups will be available soon). If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact volunteer coordinator Corey Eng, at [email protected].
STP Friday Buses
If you’re riding the 2020 STP, this is the easiest way to get you and your bike to the University of Washington in Seattle. Your bike will be loaded into a truck and wrapped in a moving blanket. You will ride in the comfort of a luxurious motorcoach to the UW campus where you and your bike will be re-united. We begin loading the first bikes at 8:00 a.m. and the bus/truck pairs depart close together so that the arrival time in Seattle is about the same. Each bus/truck pair depart when the bus is full. The seating and bike loading is on a first come first served basis. There are no reserved seats on any particular bus. The first pair departs when full and then we load the second bus/truck combo and so on until the last bus/truck pair is ready. The last bus/truck combo leaves at 10:00 a.m..
Online registration (will be available soon).
Send a check payable to Portland Bicycling Club and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to:
- Portland Bicycling Club – STP bus
- c/o Bill Hamilton
- 2650 Lexington Terrace
- West Linn, OR 97068
- Cost for bus and bike: $75 (includes one-way transport for you and your bike) Bikes will be wrapped in moving blankets; they do not need to be broken down or boxed.
- Cost for parking: $40 for weekend parking available at DoubleTree Hotel-Lloyd Center
- Location/schedule: DoubleTree Hotel-Lloyd Center 8:00 a.m., Friday, July 17. Last bus departs at 10 a.m. (no earlier/no later).
- Drop off: University of Washington dorms (arrival by 1:30 p.m. depending on your departure).
For more information, contact Bill Hamilton, [email protected]