Non-PBC Event Rides Eligible for Mileage Credit
Submitted by Joan Cullen, Recording Secretary
Looking for an adventure outside of our usual extraordinary ride schedule? Need a goal to encourage you to stretch your cycling limits but still want to earn Club mileage credit? At the February board meeting the following nine rides were approved to receive Portland Bicycling Club mileage credit:
- Monster Cookie, Salem, OR, Sunday, April 26, Ride Leader: Pat McManus
- Strawberry Century, Lebanon, OR, Saturday, June 8, Ride Leader: Ann Morrow
- The Gorge Ride, The Dalles, OR, Saturday, June 22, Ride Leader: Dick Weber
- NW Tandem Rally, Boise, ID, Thursday, July 4-Sunday, July 7, Ride Leader: Armond Anderson
- Ride to Defeat ALS, Mt. Angel, OR, Saturday, July 20, Ride Leader: Chip Kyle
- RACC, Saturday, Vancouver, WA, July 27, Ride Leader, Stacy Barbadillo
- Reach the Beach, Beaverton, OR, Saturday, August 15, Leaders: 55-mile route, Ann Morrow; 100-mile route, Scott Poindexter
- Cycle Oregon, Saturday, Oakridge, OR, September 7-Saturday, September 14, Ride Leader: Armond Anderson
- Harvest Century, Hillsboro, OR, September 20, Ride Leader: Kathleen Hellem
Most of the rides offer multiple routes of varying degrees of difficulty, rest stops, and support. Event information and costs to participate can be found on the individual event webpage. Additional information on where to look for registration can also be found on our website under the RIDES tab, Non-PBC Event Rides. Participants are required to pay all ride fees and observe the event rules as put forth by the organizers. These rides will also be featured on our Ride Calendar will list contact information for the the ride leader(s).
Members are encouraged to wear club clothing to show club spirit and our support for our neighboring clubs, charities, and other non-profit organizations.