A Quick Tour of September Rides
- Vineyard Tour, Sunday, September 1, Roseburg, sponsored by the Umpqua Velo Cycling Club. Routes range from 15, 30, 50, 75 to a 100-mile century.
- Cycle Oregon Lite, our own Portland Bicycling Club ride, Saturday-Monday, September 7-9, ride leader Ann Morrow. Three days of FREE rides, starting in Sunriver and Bend, and a great chance to explore Central Oregon: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. You find your own lodging and just meet us at the start location(s). (Photo near the summit of Mt. Bachelor, 2018).
- Cycle Oregon Classic, a non-PBC event ride with a 430-mile loop approved for mileage credit, Saturday-Saturday, September 7-14, ride leader Armond Anderson. Crater Lake is included in the sites this year. Registration is now CLOSED for 2019.
- Reach the Beach WA, Saturday, September 28, cycle for air, a fundraiser for the American Lung Association, minimum fundraising $150. Four different start locations provide varying route lengths all going to the same finish line.
- Harvest Century, a non-PBC event ride approved for mileage credit, Sunday, September 22, starting in Hillsboro, ride leader Kathleen Hellem. There is a free family route; mileage options include 25, 45, 75, and 100 miles.
Lynn Thompson, Quick Releases Editor