PBC Protocols and Ride Procedures
Last updated: 9/22/2021
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A RIDE:
The Portland Bicycling Club will continue to monitor Oregon COVID-19 guidelines. The following protocols are intended to protect members from the spread of the Coronavirus, especially given the uptick of cases due to the Delta variant.
- Be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 and use safety precautions.
- Print the route map at home and bring it with you to the ride or download the route to your GPS device or phone.
- Regardless of vaccination status, maintain a social distance (at least 6 feet) when off the bike, unless masked.
- Wear a face mask at check-in, at rest stops, and when closer than 6 feet from another person.
- Bring a mask for entry to coffee shops.
- Avoid spitting or blowing your nose while riding.
- When creating your ride description, link to this page and include any restrictions you have, including group size.
- Consider using the club’s online signup. It’s not that hard!
- In your ride description, state how riders will sign in: online, by email or text, or at the ride start.
- Arrange for an alternate ride leader if you are ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill.
- Exercise good hygienic measures to minimize risks of transferring the virus, particularly as it pertains to keeping your own hands clean.
TO RETURN TO THE RIDE CALENDAR, CLICK HERE.