The Vineyard Tour Is September 5
The Umpqua Velo Club needs our support for their signature event ride this year. As of yesterday, they had a total of only 48 riders registered for their Vineyard Tour – not from our club – TOTAL! They are a non-profit bicycling organization like ours, promoting cycling. If we don’t support our neighboring bike clubs, we can’t expect them to support our club when we host an event ride in the future.
Come explore the beautiful Oregon wine country, starting in Roseburg and passing through the panoramic Umpqua Valley! Choose from one of five scenic routes with varying start times and different distances, and ride at your own pace. This is a family-friendly cycling event; children under 18 ride FREE when accompanied by a parent or guardian. A team of 3 riders gets a discount of $5 each. Every rider will receive a $10 credit for a post-ride meal at a local eatery. There are no late fees, and there is still time to register. ✎
- Rest stops with great food and snacks, including at the start
- SAG mechanical support at the start and on the route
- Well-marked routes, ride maps, cue sheets
- Wonderful, scenic views along the Umpqua River, past vineyards and wineries
- Additional wineries listed on cue sheets as “optional”
- $10 voucher for post-ride meal at various breweries and restaurants
- Club miles
For more details, go to: TheVineyardTour.com
Lynn Blanchard, Ride Leader
NOTE: This ride is approved for club mileage, and the registration price is discounted for teams of three riders and stokers on tandems. Contact me at [email protected] with your interest in this ride to register together with other PBC participants. Click here to see the Vineyard Tour on the ride calendar.