SnowCap December Drive
December’s club meeting will see the return of an annual tradition of giving to SnowCap Community Charities. The pandemic has contributed to an increase in job loss, skyrocketing housing costs, and inflation, leaving families struggling to get back on firm ground.
Items needed are: ✎
- Gently used coats – men’s and kids’ sizes are most needed
- New socks – men’s and kids’ sizes
- Canned tuna, chili, stews, fruits or vegetables
- Boxed cake mixes + frosting
- Egg cartons (1-dozen size for redistribution from larger quantities)
- Paper grocery-sized bags
- Monetary donations – checks should be made out to SnowCap
- NEW REQUEST– clean Oregon return-for-deposit cans and bottles
Update of offered services: SnowCap has spent the pandemic developing new programs to help families. They now have a mobile food bank which drops off boxes of food for distribution at low-income schools and apartment complexes to feed families who are unable to get to SnowCap’s main pickup site. A community garden with 45 plots has been developed west of their main center, so families can grow their own vegetables. For more information, go to SnowCap.org.
It would be wonderful to report that assistance to meet such basic needs is no longer needed, but, in reality, demands have grown even greater. Please help another family out by giving if you can. Dave and I will be at the DECEMBER club meeting to collect your donations. Thank you.
Joan Cullen & Dave Ek, Club Members