Sunday Parkways 2020
This is a brief update with information currently available. As many of you are aware, numerous major events where crowds gather have been canceled. For example, the Columbia Gorge Explorer, the Gorge Ride, STP, and RACC to name a few. This has been an extremely rough season re: pandemic COVID-19 and has certainly changed the landscape for the 2020 summer cycling season and organized events.
Sunday Parkways 2020 is moving to digital platform for May 17 and June 28. Portlanders interested in submitting ideas are asked to fill out a short household survey at PortlandSundayParkways.org about what community resources they want to see developed for a virtual Sunday Parkways. The Portland Sunday Parkways team can also be reached at 503-823-4414 or by email at [email protected].
PBC is still scheduled to have our booth at three of the Sunday Parkways this summer. The dates are June 28 (digital), August 23, and September 20. We are currently working to create a new banner that is inclusive and representative of our community. This will hopefully go into print the first week of June and be ready to roll out by June 28.
Below are the options for all Sunday Parkways 2020 dates (PBC dates in blue):
- [May 17, 11 AM to 4 PM, Southeast Portland, 7 miles, digital platform]
- June 28, 11 AM to 4 PM, North Portland, 9.5 miles. PBC is scheduled for digital platform.
- [July 19, 11 AM to 4 PM, Gateway (formerly Outer Northeast), 4.8 miles]
- August 23, 11 AM to 4 PM, Green Loop (Downtown/Central Eastside), 7 miles. PBC is scheduled.
- September 20, 11 AM to 4 PM, Northeast Portland, 7.6 miles. PBC is scheduled.
Kathleen Hellem, Sunday Parkways Coordinator