Seattle to Portland Volunteers Needed
Our sole signature fundraiser, setting up, running and taking down the finish line at Holladay Park, takes place over the four-day period, Friday through Monday, July 12-15. As of the June Quick Releases publishing deadline, there are over 30 open positions to fill. Volunteers for STP will receive a colorful tee-shirt to identify them as a volunteer, and a food voucher for each shift worked over the weekend redeemable at your choice of the many food vendors. Of course, there is also the pizza party on Monday, July 8, at the Flying Pie Pizzeria on SE Stark, where you can pick up your volunteer shirt ahead of time.
- Open positions include a Saturday Return Bus Transportation shift from 6:00-9:30 pm, and a Sunday Return Bus Transportation shift from 3:30-7:30 pm. Help board riders returning to Seattle. Your team leader on Saturday is Cindy Bernert-Coppola and Eric Hendricks on Sunday.
- Baggage has many open slots on Sunday on both the 10:00 am-2:30 pm and 2:30-7:00 pm shifts. The heavy lifting is performed by eager high schoolers. Job mainly entails helping riders find their bags and making sure they go out the door with the correct bag. Team leader for Saturday is Lynn Thompson and for Sunday, Scott Poindexter.
- Bike Loading has open slots on Saturday evening 5:00-9:15 pm and Sunday’s two shifts, 12-4 pm and 3:30-7:30 pm. Help supervise the many enthusiastic high school helpers. Team leader for both Saturday and Sunday is Chip Kyle.
- Route Safety volunteers work the finish line area and numerous slots are available both Saturday between 3-9 pm and Sunday between 10 am-7 pm, split over two shifts each day, especially the 2:30-7:00 pm shift. Dave Ek and Tom Carter are your respective Saturday and Sunday team leaders.
- Information Booth has an opening on Sunday’s 3:30-8:00 pm shift, working with team leader Joan Cullen.
- Bike Corral has two open positions on Sunday from 2:45-7:15 pm. Team leader is John Mardis.
Use the following link to reserve your spot(s): Click here to volunteer. Note: when choosing available slot(s) and time(s), just scroll down; you do not have to use the login button (located in the upper right corner of the page).
If you have any questions about the volunteer jobs or need help logging in to SignUpGenius, contact me at 503-641-2971 or email@example.com
Corey Eng, 2019 STP Volunteer Coordinator